To prevent freezing and crashing of Microsoft Office apps on your Mac, upgrade to macOS 10.13 High Sierra and update Office to version 15.38 or later. If you are using earlier MS Office and Mac OS X versions, you may experience Word, Excel, an Outlook freeze-ups, and crashes. Microsoft has released a general update for Outlook Mac 2016 to fix bugs and improvement in performance.But, it does not work. My Outlook 2016 for Mac always crashing, freezing while opening the Outlook or sending emails. Now, I will try this software to resolve this annoying issue. If you use Outlook on a Windows computer and Outlook doesn't open or opens with problems, try these troubleshooting steps in the order presented here, from simple to more complicated. If you use the cloud-based Microsoft 365 on a PC or a Mac, the automated Support and Recovery Assistant tool can diagnose and fix many issues, including the. How to Fix Mac Mail That Keeps Crashing. Before you try anything else, it is important to do some basic troubleshooting first to see if this will resolve your Mail app problem. Close your Mail app by clicking Mail Quit Mail. Use a Mac repair tool to delete cache files and perform routine maintenance cleanup, then restart your computer.
- Microsoft Outlook 2011 Mac Keeps Crashing
- Outlook 2011 For Mac Keeps Crashing Computer
- Outlook 2011 For Mac Keeps Crashing
- Outlook 2011 For Mac Keeps Crashing Today
This article describes how to troubleshoot the following kinds of issues in Microsoft Outlook when it's used together with Office 365:
Microsoft Outlook 2011 Mac Keeps Crashing
- Outlook stops responding (hangs).
- Outlook crashes even though you aren't actively using it.
- Outlook crashes when you start it.
To help troubleshoot Outlook issues in an Office 365 environment, follow these steps.
Step 1: Investigate possible issues caused by add-ins
Open a Run dialog box. To do this, use one of the following procedures, as appropriate to your version of Windows: Swords and souls.
- If you're running Windows 10, Windows 8.1, or Windows 8, press the Windows logo key+R.
- If you're running Windows 7, click Start, type Run in the Search box, and then click Run.
Type Outlook /safe, and then click OK.
If the issue is fixed, click Options on the File menu, and then click Add-Ins.
Select COM Add-ins, and then click Go.
Click to clear all the check boxes in the list, and then click OK.
Restart Outlook. If the issue doesn't occur, start adding the add-ins one at a time until the issue occurs.
Step 2: Repair Office
- Open Control Panel, and then click Uninstall a program.
- In the list of installed programs, right-click the entry for your Office installation, and then click Change, and then click Online Repair.
Step 3: Run Outlook Diagnostics
Run the Outlook won't start automated diagnostics to fix the issues.
Click Run when you're prompted by your browser.
If the tool doesn't resolve the issue, go to Windows or Look to start Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant for Office 365 (SaRA).
On the first screen, select Outlook, and then select Next.
Select any of the following options, as appropriate, and then select Next:
- Outlook keeps hanging or freezing
- Outlook keeps crashing with a message 'Microsoft Outlook has stopped working'.
SaRA runs some diagnostic checks, and returns possible solutions for you to use to try to fix Outlook connectivity issues.
Step 4: Create a new Outlook profile
If you ran SaRA in Step 3, and you created a new profile, you can skip all of Step 4.
Open Control Panel, and then click Mail.
Click Show Profiles.
Select the profile that you want to remove, and then click Remove.
Removing the profile also removes associated data files. If you're not sure whether the data files are backed up or stored on a server, do not remove the profile. Instead, go to step 4.
In the Profile Name box, type a name for the new profile.
Specify the user name, the primary SMTP address, and the password. Then, click Next.
You may receive the following message:
Allow this website to configure [email protected] server settings? In this message, click to select the Don't ask me about this website again check box, and then click Allow.
When you're prompted, enter your logon credentials, and then click OK.
When Setup is finished, click Finish.
Step 5: Run SaRA Advanced Diagnostics before you contact Support
This step creates detailed information about your Outlook configuration and provides solutions for any known issues that are detected. It also gives you the option to upload your results to Microsoft so that a Support engineer can review them before you make a Support call.
- Click Outlook Advanced Diagnostics.
- Click Run when you are prompted by your browser.
For more info about command-line switches that are used together with Outlook, go to Command-line switches for Microsoft Office products.
Still need help? Go to Microsoft Community.Hey there, marisavillaret!
Outlook 2011 For Mac Keeps Crashing Computer
Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. After reading your post, I understand that your Mail app keeps quitting unexpectedly on your MacBook. I rely on e-mail every day, so I know how important it is for the app to be working. I'm happy to help!
Try the following steps, in order, testing after each.
- Quit the Mail app, then reopening it while holding the Shift key on the left-hand side of your keyboard.
- Restart your Mac by clicking the Apple menu and selecting 'Restart..' from the drop down.
- Test to see if the Mail app quits in safe mode. You can get information on safe mode, including how to boot to it, in this article: Try safe mode if your Mac doesn‘t finish starting up
Even though the title of the article isn't the same issue as what you're experiencing, safe mode is still a great step to try--it will run a scan of your system during boot, and will then disable certain software and processes that could be causing a conflict with your Mail app. Open the Mail app in safe mode, and see if it quits. Make not of the results, then restart the computer and try opening the Mail app again.
- Test the Mail app in a new user account. The following article provides information on why testing in another user account can be helpful, as well as walks you through how to set up a new account: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac
Outlook 2011 For Mac Keeps CrashingHave a wonderful day!
Outlook 2011 For Mac Keeps Crashing Today
Oct 28, 2016 7:35 PM