It’s no secret. Mac & cheese is one of the most indulgent and satisfying stuff yourself dishes out there. To make it even more difficult to resist, tons of decadent additives have evolved around the years-from bacon to truffle oil. Pretty much anyway you want to dress it up, mac & cheese is game. But somewhere along the line some genius thought about a way to give it a bit of a seafood twist. And we’re not talking shrimp or clams, we’re talking the king of crustaceans: lobster. By adding just a little bit of this equally rich meat, you get a luxurious dish that has a bit of flair, a bit of that good lobster flavor and a whole lot of character. By adding just one ingredient and using the gruyere and cheddar combination, you can transform your traditional mac & cheese into a maritime masterpiece.
The cook time varies as per the size/weight of the lobster tails. Therefore, the following list might come in handy It takes about 1 minute to boil one ounce and takes about 1 1/2 minutes to steam one ounce of the lobster’s tail. To bake lobster tail in the oven, it takes about 1 1/2 minutes to bake per ounce. Cook over low heat for 2 minutes, stirring with a whisk. Still whisking, add the hot milk and cook for a minute or two more, until thickened and smooth. Off the heat, add the Gruyere, Cheddar, 1.
So, follow along with us and you’ll learn to cook online a big batch of one of our absolute favorite recipes: lobster mac & cheese. This is one cooking class online you’re definitely not going to want to miss.
Lobster Mac & Cheese
½ pound elbow macaroni
½ qt milk
½ stick unsalted butter, cut into tablespoon portions
¼ cup AP flour
2 cups grated gruyere
1 cup grated cheddar
¼ tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp cayenne
2 lobster tails, thawed and cooked
¾ cup panko bread crumbs
1. Cook pasta according to package. Drain, cool and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 375F.
3. Once preheated, add in lobster tails meat side down in greased dish and bake for about 10 minutes.
4. Heat milk on low in a small saucepan. In a large saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter and gradually add in the flour. Cook over low heat for about 2 minutes, whisking the entire time.
5. Continuing to whisk, add the hot milk gradually. Cook for a minute or two more until the mixture has thickened and smoothed, then remove from heat.
6. Sniper ghost free downloadall softwares. Add in the gruyere, cheddar salt, pepper and cayenne. Then add in the lobster meat and macaroni and stir well, making sure the cheese mixture coats everything well.
7. Add the mixture to a large baking dish or into about 8 individual ramekins.
8. Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top of prepared baking dish(es).
9. Cook for about 30 minutes in the oven or until the cheese is bubbling and the tops are browned. Serve hot and enjoy!
Talent: Lauren Nolan of Lake Shore Lady
Shot and edited by: Matt Rice
Royalty Free Music courtesy of Audio Network titled: “Scally wag rag” by Chris Norton