ALYCE SEBRING, MA, LAC, LPC-C, NCC: 5554 S PRINCE ST STE 211 LITTLETON, CO ZIP 80120 Phone: (720) 507-5665: Individual:: TONI SHAH: 6507 S SANTA FE DR LITTLETON, CO ZIP 80120 Phone: (303) 730-0797: Individual:: BARBARA SHEEHAN-ZEIDLER, MA, NCC, LPC: 8089 S LINCOLN ST SUITE 203 LITTLETON, CO ZIP 80122 Phone: (720) 839-4720. Stephanie Levitt MA, LPC, NCC Mental Health Counselor. I strive to offer a caring, safe space where my clients can work through problematic feelings, behaviors, and thoughts.
Jeanne Rust, PhD, LPC
CEO and Founder
Jeanne specializes in eating disorders and is an expert in the treatment of adult trauma. She holds a PhD in Clinical Psychology fromSaybrook Graduate School, a Master's Degree in Counseling, and a Bachelor's degree from Northwestern University. Jeanne is licensed by theState of Arizona as a Professional Counselor. She has received comprehensive training in Gestalt and other expressive therapies, as well asTraumatic Incident Reduction (TIR) and Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT), and she is a certified Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)practitioner. Jeanne was a therapist in private practice for many years before founding Mirasol. She has worked with the University ofArizona athletic department to meet the therapeutic needs of athletes with eating disorders, has taught courses at the university level,and provides training and education for health care professionals in her areas of expertise.
Sierra Ohrel, LPC
Sierra is a native Tucsonan. She has spent her entire life in love with nature, animals, and the process of being human. She believes in walking with people on their journey. That includeslaughter, tears, and everything in between. Sierra has a Bachelor's Degree in Fine Art and Graphic Design. She has a Master's Degree in Counseling Psychology and Equine Assisted Mental Health. She specializes in trauma treatment through the lens of EMDR and honoring one's story. Sierra is a JourneyDance Facilitator, practices EquineFacilitated Psychotherapy, is a P.A.T.H. Advanced Certified Therapeutic Riding Instructor, an Equine Specialist, and a practitioner of Yoga Nidra and Restorative Yoga. Sierra spends her freetime enjoying therelationship with her horses, cooking, gardening, and spending quality time with family. She enjoys hosting retreats that support restoration and personal insight. She has spent her careerhelping people get back into their bodies through meditation, dance, expressive arts, and the horse-human interaction. Sierra believes whole-heartedly in what Mirasoloffers. The principles and practices are very much how she lives her life.
Christian Moher, MD
Christian Moher is a Board-Certified Family Physician who believes very strongly in Integrated Care, the coordinated management of primary care and behavioral health care.He founded Escalera Health, an integrated care startup in Tucson, where primary care providers and mental health professionals work arm-in-arm to get the best resultsfor their patients. He has been a physician for over 20 years, and has worked extensively in mental health since 2014, including work with depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder,eating disorders, schizophrenia, and substance use disorder, as well as the full spectrum of primary care issues. He believes the best outcomes are achieved when the patientis empowered to make their own health decisions with the support of a dedicated and integrated team of professionals. Mirasol is unequalled in its passion and excellence intreating eating disorders, and he is very excited for the opportunity to join this team. For his work on fighting the opiate crisis, in 2018 the National Councilfor Behavioral Health awarded him the National Physician of the Year, the first primary care doctor to receive this award. He is married to the amazing pediatrician Jennifer Moher,and is raising two incredible children. Outside of medicine, he writes and plays music and plays a ton of basketball (when not on quarantine).
Audel Ladas, MAC
Audel switched careers when she realized that her dream was to work with teens — especially teens who needed a little extra help making their way in the world. She got her introduction to the field working as an afterschool coordinator and then school counselor at a charter school for at-risk youth. 'I fell in love with it,' says Audel, who decided to go back to school to earn a Master's Degree in Addiction Counseling. Her internship brought her to Mirasol, where she works as a primary therapist while pursuing her LAC. Audel's focus is relapse prevention, and she maintains that the key to relapse prevention is 'knowing yourself — knowing what your triggers are, and what's coming up for you — and building a support system.' She loves Mirasol's holistic approach, and the continuum of care that provides ongoing support for clients from residential through intensive outpatient treatment. 'Mirasol is very open-minded, and always willing to try a new approach,' she says. 'I also love the adventure therapy program and just the space that we hold for clients.'
Amber Scott, MS, LAC, NCC
Amber is a Licensed Associate Counselor (LAC) and a Certified Clinical Trauma Professional (CCTP) with a Master's in Mental Health Counseling from Capella University. Her interests include empowering women and cultivating space to produce healing through resiliency. She is currently is a PhD candidate in Human Sexuality at the California Institute of Integral Studies, where she is working on a dissertation proposal related to sexuality and eating disorders. With a sex-positive stance that embraces sexuality and sexual expression, Amber works to expand our clients' care to address sexual health needs and concerns. Prior to Mirasol, she worked with children and adolescent trauma survivors, and completed an observational internship with a pelvic pain physical therapist. She was drawn to theeclectic nature of Mirasol and the opportunity to work alongside a holistic treatment team. Amber sometimes incorporates Animal-Assisted Therapy to model self-regulation and mindfulness, with a co-therapist rabbit named 'Onan' and co-therapist dog named 'Couture'.
Samantha Willy-Gravley, LMSW, MPH, RYT
Samantha grew up in the Sonoran Desert and the Chiricahua Mountains. A passion for living abroad, learning languages, dance, yoga and the outdoors led her on a journey ofexploring what it is that heals humankind. Samantha's background is in somatic therapy. In 2012, she finished her 200-hour yoga certification, and since 2016, has worked onher 800-hour certification in Healing Emphasis Yoga at Inner Vision Yoga. Through a workshop with Janina Fischer, she found Sensorimotor Psychotherapy and completed level onetraining in 2019. She has a Master's in Clinical Social Work and in Public Health from Ohio State University, and has a diverse background of clinical and academicexperiences working with teens and adults. Samantha's lens is trauma-informed, strengths-based, and social justice oriented. She believes that our mind/body/spirit systemshave an innate ability to heal ourselves.
Ilene Yalen, MSRD
Ilene received her Bachelor's degree in Dietetics in 1994 and her Master's degree in Nutritional Sciences in 1997, both from the University of Arizona. She has worked as a dietitian in a variety of clinical settings and as a private consultant here in Tucson. Most recently, she worked with firefighters, assessing their needs individually and giving presentations to fire departments and at nutritional conferences. Throughout her 25 years of experience as a dietitian, she has encountered many clients with disordered eating patterns, sparking her recent interest in eating disorders. Ilene is excited to help spread truth, balance and peace in her clients' relationship with food. She is grateful to be working at Mirasol in a supportive atmosphere sharing a healthy, sound nutritional philosophy.
Kat Saxe, MA, ST, RN
Kat is a nurse at Mirasol's adult and adolescent residential treatment facilities. Her undergraduate studies included music, art, education, surgical technology and nursing, and she holds a Masters of Arts degree withconcentrations in youth, family dynamics and counseling. Kat believes her position as a Registered Nurse with Mirasol allows her a tremendous opportunity to be part of an exceptional, multidisciplinary pioneering team that incorporates evidence-based practice to treat the whole person, 'mind, body and spirit'. She is excited to regularly witness human resilience first-hand and help adolescents, adults and families 'get their lives back'.
About Diane Jordan Lcpc Ncc Mac Lacey
Abigail Chesney is pleased to join the team at Mirasol Recovery Centers as Admissions Coordinator! With many years' experience inbehavioral health, she has had the opportunity to experience all aspects of treatment, including program direction, case management,crisis intervention and admission/discharge coordination. Abigail prides herself on positive client care and outstanding compassionatecustomer service. Her hope is to guide clients and families through the admission and treatment process with support and kindness.
If you or a loved one is interested in recovery from an eating disorder, call Abigail today! She would love to hear from you and help!
Alison Pearson, MA, RPP
Polarity and Cranialsacral Therapy
Alison Pearson has been the Polarity Therapist at Mirasol since January 2004.She received a Master's Degree in Sociology, specializing in Gender and Social Psychology, from the University of Arizona in 1991. She completed a Polarity Therapy Certification Program in 1997,and in2007, she completed a Cranialsacral Therapy Certification program. More recently, she trained to be a TRE Facilitator. Alison has a strong commitment to energy medicine that predates her formaltraining.She spent considerable time studying breath-work techniques and loving touch to release trauma from the body. Alison is an avid student of the work of Byron Katie and uses this method of beliefinvestigationas part of her work. Polarity Therapy defines health as a 'free-flow of energy in the body',and Polarity Therapy seeks to release whatever is blocking energy flow. Blocks can be physical, emotional, or mental (beliefs). When the mind and body are integrated as a team we can be in theflow of life. Having an integrated mind/body system is essential to recovery. Polarity Therapy begins on the bodywork table, however, its principles can provide a foundation for a healthy, happy lifestyle.
Spiritual Integration Practitioner
Spirituality is a key component in recovery. We know that women who have some sort of spiritual practice have a much higher rate of recovery.Whether we recognize it or not, we all have a measure of spirituality, as defined by the way we connect to ourselves, to others, and to the worldaround us. We work on universal themes that are part of all belief systems: loving kindness, compassion, and forgiveness.It's not about changing or giving up your belief system, it's about finding ways to help it meet your needs.
Stephanie Lindsay, BA
Stephanie is much loved by both clients and staff, not only for her lovely Irish brogue, but for the small touches like the little baggies full of 'drinkies' (assortedteas, decaf coffee, stevia and creamers) decorated with hearts and flowers that we find tucked in packs when we go backpacking. Inspired by her father who was an excellentcook, Stephanie studied culinary arts at Dublin Institute of Technology where she minored in nutrition. She became a chef at Mirasol in 2014, shortly after relocating fromIreland to join her fiancé. She says, 'Everything about the job appealed to me, especially the opportunity to help people repair their relationships with food. I just thinkfood can bring so much to your life. If you can appreciate food, you can be brought little bits of joy six times a day!'
Alyssa Spungen, BA
Lead Counselor Assistant, PHP and IOP Programs
Alyssa became interested in working with this population after having found a special niche while working for a chiropractor. Running modalities on elderly folk seeking healing from chronic pain, she realized how many people hold shame and embarrassment about their bodies into old age. Having suffered from an eating disorder herself, she had a personal understanding of the process of recovery. The work of reclamation is where she finds the inspiration to show up and hold space for those in the process of finding freedom from limitation. Alyssa holds a BA in Philosophy and Creative Writing from the University of Arizona. She is a YA registered 200-hour yoga instructorand is currently receiving training from the Institute for Dream Studies (IDS) to become a certified dreamworker.
After studying facility management on the East Coast, Duncan arrived in sunny Arizona in October, 2005, and has been with us ever since.Born in Manitoba, Canada, Duncan lived outside of Philadelphia for 20 years, honing his handyman skills while aquiring his Bachelor of Artsdegree from Temple University. He is an avid golfer and sports fan, and he really enjoys working with the clients and staff at Mirasol tomake it a safe and enjoyable place to be.
This list of preparation materials is for your convenience, and includes our own preparation guides as well as paid advertisements from other study programs. NBCC does not endorse or otherwise support the products, services, or communications of other organizations, businesses, or individuals, including the information provided in this advertisement.
All guides below are developed and distributed by NBCC and can be ordered from our online store.
NBCC’s Official Preparation Guide for the NCMHCE:
- Is designed to help you become more familiar with simulations in general and with the specific problem types that comprise the NCMHCE
- Has five clinical simulation problems (the actual examination has 10) developed and reviewed by content experts in the area of clinical mental health counseling
- Costs $44.95
NCEExamPrep seeks to provide quality, reliable, and easy to use preparation material to help test-takers confidently pass the National Counselor Exam.
- NCEExamPrep Study Manual:
- Nearly 700 pages of comprehensive, concise, material covering all eight of the CACREP content areas.
- Printed, PDF, and audio versions available.
- Workshop Videos & Practice Exams (1, 7, 30, 60, or 90 day unlimited access pass):
- 4 hours of content recorded live.
- 1 Hour 20 minutes focus exclusively on Research & Statistics
- Full-length & chapter practice exams online
- “Simulated Mode” is just like the actual NCE
- Timed, 200 multiple-choice questions (160 scored, 40 item analysis),
- Question distribution based on new 2019 work domains.
- Mark questions for later review before exam completion
- “Study Mode” allows you to view answers as you go before scoring.
- Scoring report provides overall score, score by work domain, CACREP area, and study manual chapter. Report can be emailed to test-taker.
- Course Bundles
- Products are combined for discounts when purchasing multiple items.
- Full money-back offer with the Guaranteed Study Package if the recommended study plan is followed and you still do not pass.
Includes 750 questions with fully explained answers. Can be used with smartphones, tablets, and computers. Complements all other study materials. Pass or get your money back—guaranteed. Updated for 2019. Free, new question updates in real time.
- Diane Dean, MA, LPC, RN-BC—Diane is a Licensed Professional Counselor and educator with over 20 years’ experience in health care. She has taught at many colleges and universities, including the University of Pittsburgh.
Stacy Fruhling, NCC, MAC, LCPC, LCADC— Stacy is an adjunct professor in psychology and counseling at Anne Arundel Community College and the Community College of Baltimore County.
Lisa Slade, MS, NCC, LPC— Lisa is an adjunct professor in psychology, counseling, sociology, and human services at Caldwell University in the Graduate School of Psychology, at the University of Bridgeport, and at Housatonic Community College.
- Practice Exam
- Flash Card Study System
- 50 State Guide
- Lifetime use. No renewal fees. No time limit.
- Satisfaction guaranteed or money back
Get BOTH Formats Instantly:
- Online—Instant scoring, review, and reporting.
- Printable eBook (PDF)—instant download.
Order or Try Now
- To order: https://www.tests.com/nce-national-counselor-practice-exam
- Free sample: https://www.tests.com/practice/NCE-practice-exam
Dr. Arthur's Study Materials for the NCMHCE and NCE
Visit: counselorexams.com or call 888-326-9229.
NCMHCE: Arthur-Brende Scenario Simulator
- Free sample: counselorexams.com/ncmhce/scenarios/1 (No registration required)
- Phone consultation with co-author
- Money-back guarantee
- Multiple package sizes to fit every budget
- 36 tutorial scenarios
- 10 practice exam scenarios
- Virtual flashcards
- NCMHCE Study Supplement available in eBook and/or hard copy includes:
- Overview of DSM-5 disorders
- Strategies for taking exam and study suggestions
- Techniques and application
- Therapy terms
About Diane Jordan Lcpc Ncc Mac Lackey
'Without Dr. Arthur’s course and materials, there was no way that I would have passed one of the most important exams of my career. The sheer variety of practice scenarios and information gives you all that you need to get a real feel for how the NCMHCE is presented and the info that you need to know to pass.”
- Cyrus N.
- Contains important CACREP Information
- 1,100+ questions
- Pre-assessment and practice exams with answers
- Optional – Two additional online practice exams
- Virtual flashcards
- Phone consultation with author
- Money-back guarantee
Publisher: Career Training Concepts, Inc.
- DSM-5 Comprehensive Review
- 100+ Simulations
- Diagnostic Alerts
- Instructional Narrative Process
- Instructional Pick It Apart
- Learning Activities
- Step by Step Video Strategies
- Group, Supervision, Service Delivery
- Unlimited Access 24/7
- Assessment Tools
- Flash Cards
- Case Dissection
- Secrets to Passing
- Medical Rule Out
- Theories and Techniques
- Audio/Video Materials
Try our FREE simulations and receive emails for a week at CounselingExam.com
Available: 600 page review of the NCMHCE DSM-5 in eBook and Paperback formats
A complete set of CDs covering the NCMHCE DSM-5 is available on the site
Visit: www.CounselingExam.com or Call: (407) 463-4113 for more information
- Comprehensive Test Data Banks
- Covers all CACREP Areas
- Case Studies
- Missed Question Bank
- Instructional Narrative Process
- Missed Question Bank
- Learning Activities
- Over 5000 Questions
- Full Length Diagnostic Exams
- Progress Reports
- Flash Cards
- Video Strategies
- Audio/Video Materials
Take our practice exams for FREE and receive emails for a week
Available: 630 page review of the NCE DSM-5 in eBook and Paperback formats
A complete set of CD's covering the NCE DSM-5 is available on the site
Visit: www.NationalCounselingExam.com or Call: (407) 463-4113 for more information
Includes DSM 5 and ACA Ethics!
All of Dr. Rosenthal's materials are lively, easy-to-understand, and actually make exam prep enjoyable.
* New 2017 Encyclopedia of Counseling, The Authentic Purple Book, 4th Edition.The best Encyclopedia ever with nearly 100 pages more than the previous edition. A publishers' bestseller. Reads like a novel, imparts information like a post-graduate text. Loaded with memory devices. 762 pages includes 1100 tutorial questions/answers/new better than ever Super Review Boot Camp.
* 20 Audio CD Listen and Learn Vital Information and Review program turns a traffic jam or day at the beach into a world class learning experience. Totally different than the Encyclopedia. Upbeat presentations with alternative explanations covers all exam areas. Includes a test anxiety prevention CD, a last minute super review boot camp CD, and hundreds of practice questions. Informative and extremely entertaining.
* Human Services Dictionary. A one-of-a-kind resource provides definitions purposely worded to help you tackle tough exam questions.
* Membership in Dr. Rosenthal's exclusive Inner Circle. Receive information and updates that might appear in future Rosenthal materials.
Dr. Rosenthal's best Valedictorian Mastery Tool Kit can be purchased for under $185. Includes a risk reversal, better than money back pass guarantee. Perfect for the NCC, CPCE, oral and written boards and counseling comps.
Go to: www.howardrosenthal.com
Our NCE and NCMHCE study guides and flashcards help you prepare to pass your test. Our NCE and NCMHCE products have already helped thousands of students pass these exams. Some of our successful customers let us know they appreciated our:
- Current, updated information
- Convenient, organized format
- Full-length practice tests
- Informative answer explanations
- Useful study techniques
- Affordable pricing
- NCE Study Guide ($49.99)
- -Includes review video links
- -eBook version available
- NCE Flashcards ($39.99)
Both products include access to our 200-question practice test with answer explanations.
- NCMHCE Study Guide ($49.99)
- -Includes review video links
- -eBook version available
- NCMHCE Flashcards ($49.99)
Both products include access to our 10 practice simulations with answer explanations.
Order directly from us and receive our No-Risk One-Year 100% Money-Back Guarantee.
3827 Phelan #179, Beaumont, TX 77707
AATBS specializes in preparation for mental health licensure examinations and continuing education. Gta v pc download sizefreeband.
We offer licensing exam prep packages, study tools, and workshops for the NCE and NCMHCE.
What’s included in a Study Package?
- Comprehensive Study Volumes
- Exam Readiness Audio Lectures
- Online mock exams (CasePRO and TestMASTER)
- One-on-One Coaching with an Exam Expert
- Additional add-ons: Workshops, flashcards, and more!
Every Package comes with our exclusive Pass Guarantee!
Since 1976, AATBS has successfully prepared thousands of candidates for the counseling licensing exam. Let us help you with your career goals!
Try us, completely free! Get started at www.aatbs.com
Discover the new Clinical Mental Health Counselor Handbook & Study Guide, 3rd edition, for the NCMHCE licensing exam.
Authored by Licensed Mental Health Counselors for all professional clinical counselors. A premier program since 1995, PTI’s package includes:
- 12 content review chapters covering ALL NCMHCE content domains.
- Examples in each chapter analyzing how content is used on the NCMHCE.
- Test-taking section that analyzes case simulations and builds critical skills for the exam format, applying diagnostic, treatment planning, and professional practice skills.
- Online practice simulations (ExamAce) that realistically simulate the NCMHCE experience.
- Reports that identify your specific content area strengths and weaknesses.
- Explanations for all answer choices.
- 450 Flashcards that include DSM-5 diagnoses, evidence-based treatment planning, and all NCMHCE content domains, keyed to Study Guide chapters.
- Additional Innovative Study Aids:
- Crossword Puzzles
- Key Word Concepts
- 10 Steps to Diagnosis
- 11-Step Case Analysis Model
- Study Plans and Time Management Forms
Order your comprehensive PTI Package TODAY. CALL 1-888-201-1619.
Advertise Your Preparation Guide
If you’d like to advertise your examination preparation materials to national applicants or state licensure candidates, submit a completed Examination Preparation Guide Advertising packet.
The National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) does not endorse or uphold any claims made by vendors of study materials listed above. No enhanced performance on any NBCC examination is expressed or implied for individuals purchasing or using any of the study materials listed above. NBCC does not guarantee the accuracy of information provided by study material advertisers.