- 5 Ways Social Marketing Can Improve Your Ecommerce Efforts Work
- 5 Ways Social Marketing Can Improve Your Ecommerce Efforts Aimed
- 5 Ways Social Marketing Can Improve Your Ecommerce Efforts Affect
- 5 Ways Social Marketing Can Improve Your Ecommerce Efforts Often
According to recent statistics, the number of social media users worldwide has grown to 4.14 billion. An average user spends about two hours and twenty-nine minutes on social platforms every day.
The above ecommerce strategies can be used to market your business in ways that could help lead to success. The more promotion, the more your potential audience is reached, the more sales are made. The possibilities and way in which you can market your products on the social media channels are numerous but, what fits your marketing strategy is apt for your eCommerce business. You have to observe, understand the consumer and draft the right SMM campaign. Otherwise you will end up spending money, time and efforts with no tangible results. How to Improve Your Social Media Marketing 1. Listen First, Then Talk. One of the great things about social media is that it makes it possible to proactively find out what problems and concerns are already being discussed by your audience. The major reason some start-ups fail is because of a lack of an advanced marketing plan. As a business owner, you can have an exceptional product compared to your competitor, but without a proper promotion strategy people won’t buy your product. That is the reason why you need the right marketing approach to grow your business. This blog post explains the most effective ways digital. 5 Ways Social Marketing Can Improve Your eCommerce Efforts Tim Beyers. Tim is a freelance business writer. He writes about the business of innovation, comics and genre entertainment on The Full Bleed.
Zombotrongamerate. Image viaWe Are Social
If one of your e-commerce goals is to increase sales, then you need to engage consumers where they are.
How can leveraging social media marketing benefit your e-commerce business?
This post lists some of the benefits that social media marketing offers for e-commerce, which include:
1. Quality e-commerce site traffic
5 Ways Social Marketing Can Improve Your Ecommerce Efforts Work
Social media offers multiple options that you can use to drive quality traffic to your e-commerce site. These include:
Social media ads
You can showcase personalized ads to potential buyers based on their previous interactions with your brand. For example, you can:
- Remarket to users who’ve viewed your products or abandoned their carts.
- Cross-sell and upsell based on previous purchases.
- Use lookalike audiences to find potential leads.
Social media posts
You can create a landing page with a specific offer, discount, or new product launch and use social media posts to drive traffic to it. You should include a link to the page in your post captions and then use an opt-in form to collect their email addresses.
For example, when you click on the link in Amy Porterfield’s Twitter bio, it takes you to a landing page where you can join the waitlist for her Digital Course Academy.
User-generated content (UGC)
Did you know that 79% of consumers say that UGC influences their purchase decisions?
You should use UGC to share social proof and build trust. You can request that buyers share reviews on social media and reward customers for sharing their carts on social media during the checkout process.
Influencers have followers who trust their recommendations and look up to them for inspiration. They drive purchase decisions with 80% of consumers purchasing products that their favorite influencers have recommended.
When you partner with them to promote your products, they can help drive quality traffic to your product pages.
2. Increased engagement and conversions
When followers engage with your posts, they allow you to understand them better and build relationships. The more often you provide solutions or offer exceptional experiences, the more confidence they will feel in purchasing from your store.
How can you use social media to generate engagement and increase conversions?
- Create visually-appealing content and post consistently.
- Listen to your audience and be responsive.
- Run contests and giveaways to create interest in your products.
- Partner with influencers and other brands to promote your products.
- Post content on more than one social platform.
Most importantly, you should usemanagement tools like Hootsuite, Awario, and Buffer to track your social media engagement. You can use these tools to track brand mentions, retweets, sentiments, and keywords associated with your brand.
3. Amplified brand voice and reach
You should encourage people to vouch for your brand. These people may include employees, customers, influencers, and industry partners.
When a lot of people talk about your brand, it can help increase the reach of your brand, increase social signals, and improve SEO results.
But how can you leverage social media to amplify your brand’s voice and increase your reach?
- Create an employee advocacy program and encourage employees to share branded content on their social profiles.
- Engage with industry thought leaders and share their content. Doing this can increase the chances of them returning the favor.
- Collaborate with relevant influencers to promote your products.
- Create viral content.
- Become a valued and trusted member of niche community sites like Reddit and Quora.
- Run affiliate and loyalty programs.
You should track all of these conversations to learn more about your audience and the kind of content they prefer. You can integrate your analytics andautomation tools with social media to get better insights and make informed marketing decisions.
4. Increased conversions
One of the reasons why a prospect abandons their cart is due to a long orcomplicated checkout process.
But there’s good news:
Social commerce allows you to sell products directly on social networks like Facebook and Instagram.
Instagram and Facebook introduced Shops, a feature that your e-commerce business can use to make product discovery easier. Users can visit your Shops from your feed, profile, or Stories and browse, explore, and purchase products without leaving the app.
Other features you can leverage include Shopping Tags, Instagram Ads, Checkout, and Live Shopping.
On Facebook, you can leverage features such as the Buy Now Button, Facebook Shops, and Facebook Marketplace.
On Pinterest, you can use Rich Pins and Shop the Look Pins.
5. Boost your return on investment (ROI)
According to a2020 study, 89% of marketers who use videos got a good ROI. 66% of consumers also prefer watching short videos to learn about products.
Another study showed that 45% of consumers discover brands through video ads.
How can you create video content that stands out?
This will depend on the topics you want to cover and your niche. Here are some video content ideas that you can use:
- People in the videos: Have an influencer or employee explain what your products do, offer tips, or connect with the audience.
- Product reviews: Offer audiences close-up images of the product.
- Testimonials: Shoot videos of customers sharing thoughts on your products or ask them to send short video clips.
- Tutorials: Share videos showing how customers can use your products.
Using these types of videos can help you explain product usage, provide social proof, and increase user engagement. This can lead to more conversions and better return on investment.
6. Improved customer experience
Remember that not every customer lands directly on your site and makes a purchase. In most cases, they have visited various touch points including your store, forums, review sites, and social media profiles before buying.
And, therein, lies one of the majorchallenges e-commerce business owners face.
Delivering effective omnichannel experiences.
You need to communicate with your audience when, how, and where they want to, which is something that social media can help you do.
5 Ways Social Marketing Can Improve Your Ecommerce Efforts Aimed
Image viaWix Answers
How can you leverage social media to offer exceptional customer experiences?
- Constantly engage your customers by posting interesting content, replying to their comments, and sharing their branded content.
- Respond to customer questions promptly using live chat services.
- Leverage social listening tools to monitor brand mentions and respond appropriately.
Ready to reap the benefits of social media for your e-commerce store?
5 Ways Social Marketing Can Improve Your Ecommerce Efforts Affect
No matter how big or small your ecommerce business is, these social media tips can help you grow your business. They can help you reach your ideal buyers, increase traffic to your site, and boost your ROI.
5 Ways Social Marketing Can Improve Your Ecommerce Efforts Often
Do you need help integrating social media into your e-commerce marketing strategy? Let me answer your questions about social media marketing in the comments below.