- Why should your own website or blog be like that then? Website Content. Website content can include written text, images, free downloads, anything that is going to draw new visitors in and keep your existing visitors coming back. Here are some ideas: Product Updates. Product updates are really important if your site has an ecommerce element to it.
- Easy Read: Believe it of not, but most visitors won’t be bothered to read your text. Keep your text short and concise. Break up long bodies of text into smaller paragraphs. Use headings and sub-headings that engage the reader – ask questions, make bold statements, make promises, solve problems, provide actions they can take.
- 5 Easy Strategies To Keep Visitors On Your Website Site
- 5 Easy Strategies To Keep Visitors On Your Website Account
It goes without saying that the longer web users stay on your website, the better it is for many reasons:
With this in mind, here are some tips you can make the most of to keep visitors on your website for longer. Write Meta Descriptions for Better Targeting Naturally, content is crawled by search robots which proactively create descriptions to display on search engine results, to best summarize what the content is about. 5 Easy Ways To Turn Visitors on Your Site Into Customers. The sole purpose of a website is to sell. Thus no matter how much traffic your website gets and how impressive its rankings are, it all comes to a naught if your sales numbers are not as positive.
- There is a higher likelihood the traffic finishing with a conversion
- The longer web users are on a website, the more useful they will generally find the website and its content
- There is increased chances of social shares, comments and more, which all will benefit the website, its SEO and traffic generation
- Web user are more likely to come back to a website they spent a lot of time on, than one they haven’t
With this in mind, here are some tips you can make the most of to keep visitors on your website for longer.
Naturally, content is crawled by search robots which proactively create descriptions to display on search engine results, to best summarize what the content is about. However, although the self-generated descriptions do a good job, it is generally better to create your own descriptions as a meta description. This is because the content creator will always know best what the content is about. Therefore, the description they can provide should always be more contextual and relatable to the content, making the article more targeted on search engines.
If it is easy for web users to browse around your website, even if they accidentally stumbled across your website, they are much more likely to stay on your website if they can navigate around it with ease. Elements of a good website design include:
5 Easy Strategies To Keep Visitors On Your Website Site
- Expansive navigation menu that can expand when hovering the mouse over it
- A search bar at the top of the page (bonus points for a search bar that shows results live)
- Categories embedded into the navigation menu, or the most popular categories to the side in the sidebar
- A number of high quality content articles to click onto, be it most popular or most commented etc.
The longer web users have to wait for a page to load, the more impatient they will become and the higher the chance they will click away. Therefore, it is a constant objective of every website owner to reduce the loading time of their website. This is one of the reasons why AMP pages work so well, since the loading time is near instantaneous.
Even if you make an in depth article that is thousands of words of quality, first impressions to web users will put them off committing to reading it all. This is generally why people like to see variation in font types and sizes in articles, since it allows them to scan the content to read the areas that they want to. You can do this by using different size headings, italics/bold, lists and adding images throughout.
5 Easy Strategies To Keep Visitors On Your Website Account
Once web users get to the end of the content, if there is nothing keeping them on the web page, they will click off it. This is where you can lure web users to staying onto your website with a call to action. Related posts, commenting or another internal link will all work to keeping web users on your website.